Friday, January 21, 2011

Senior Portrait Road Trip, Day Three: Niagara Falls to Washington D.C.

We had several miles to cover today, so we began early. We returned to Niagara Falls for a daylight visit, then headed south towards Washington D.C. I was surprised at the vast amount of timberland in New York as we drove through the country side. There was no good, direct interstate route to follow today, but it was a pleasant drive through rural New York and Pennsylvania (no taking photos of "Welcome to our State" signs today!).
 Driving down a street in the town of Niagara Falls. You can see the mist rising from the falls at the top of photo.








 One of my favorite portraits of Kimberlie at the falls.

 Another favorite one.




 That's Toronto, Canada in the background.
 An elevator took you down closer to the river. You could buy (or borrow) a rain coat to get a closer look at the falls. I didn't want to get my camera equipment wet, so I stayed back a distance.
 Kimberlie modeling her rain coat.

 This tour boat departs from the Canada side of the river and takes tourists for an up close look at the falls. Notice they all have on rain coats.
 One thing I was a bit surprised at was the other tourists, not from the USA, but from all over the globe. The girls got to visiting with this group, found out they were from Italy. They claimed to be cousins.

 I guess you have to watch for snowmobiles crossing.
 One of several small towns we drove through.
 Many of the houses we seen today were shaped like these......two story, not too wide, but deep. Roofs were much steeper than we see here in Arkansas and there was a minimal width of soffit. I'd assume it's because of large snow falls. Someone told me, some of these houses had a window on the upper floor, that can be used as a door, in case the snow gets that deep!
We had a good laugh that evening when we checked into our rooms in Washington D.C. Delisa had booked a suite for her and the girls. Lajunta and I were to get a room with a king size bed. We accidentally got the keys switched. I opened the door to what I thought was our room and Lajunta gasped, "There's no bed!"



No comments:

Post a Comment